What is it and what does it do for us I hear you say? Well, the GCN is a network of gaming clubs, to quote from their site:
The Gaming Club Network (GCN) is a voluntary organisation, created in 1999, set upon the idea of bringing together like-minded people to encourage others to try our hobby. Our purpose is to provide the opportunity for individuals and member clubs to participate in the hobby of collecting, painting and gaming with miniatures, table top games, Board games and role play games.
The GCN strives to meet the following six objectives:
• To assist running local gaming events
• To support club activities
• To assist running games at local and national levels
• To provide a forum for gaming clubs
• To facilitate club development
• To promote good communications between Gaming Clubs, and games originators, manufacturers and retailers
The things you will most easily notice are discounts from gaming companies (including some free games for the club!), notification of events run by other members and advertising of our club on their site and in gaming publications (although, if you are reading this, you have already found us).
If you want to know more contact us (links to the left), ask us on a club night, or check out the GCN website: http://www.gamingclubnetwork.net/